1 lb ground beef
½ large yellow onion, finely chopped
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 Tbsp cooking fat
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1½ tsp Ground Cumin Seed
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper(optional)
¼ tsp Dried Oregano
½ tsp Salt(to taste)
½ tsp ground Pepper
1. Heat cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat (cast iron works well here).
2. Add ground meat, garlic and onion.
3. Cook, stirring frequently to break up the meat, until fully cooked, about 7-8 minutes.
4. Add spices to beef. If you meat is really dry, you might want to add 1-2 Tbsp of water.
5. Stir to fully incorporate.
6. Turn temperature down to medium and cook another 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve on lettuce leaves with your favorite paleo-friendly taco toppings.