4 oz Semi-Sweet or Bittersweet chocolate
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Sugar/Sucanat (Muscovado Sugar is especially tasty here)
1 tsp Coconut Flour
2 tsp Cacao Powder
4 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (plus a little more for greasing the ramekins)
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Grease four 6oz ramekins with coconut oil.
3. If you wish to serve these cakes on a plate, you will need to flour as well
4. In a 4 cup measuring cup or medium microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave on low power.
5. Stir until smooth and let cool.
6. In a small bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar with a hand mixer until light and frothy, about five minutes.
7. Pour egg mixture over chocolate.
8. Sift cocoa and coconut flour over the top.
9. Then gently fold all the ingredients together.
10. Pour batter into prepared ramekins (they should be filled to within 1/2 of the top).
11. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
12. You can chill the ramekins for a few hours if you want to make them ahead of time, just make sure you bring them back to room temperature before baking.
13. Bake for 11-12 minutes.
14. Remove from oven and serve immediately.