4 large zucchini
1 small clove garlic
2 Tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons grass-fed butter
3 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1. Use the spiral slicer to slice the zucchini.
2. Salt zucchini and drain for about 20 minutes (this keeps your sauce from becoming watery).
3. Make a paste on your cutting board using the garlic, 1 Tablespoon of the capers, and the red pepper flakes.
4. First chop ingredients finely with your knife then working with the flat side of the knife move the ingredients back and forth until a paste forms.
5. Transfer paste to large mixing bowl.
6. Add remaining capers, olive oil, and tomatoes.
7. Meanwhile, add the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Saute the zucchini for 1-3 minutes.
9. Do not over cook. (think - gentle warming)
10. Remove zucchini from skillet and toss with sauce.
11. Stir in fresh basil and plate.