1 cup lemon juice
5tsp finely grated lemon rind (approximately 4 lemons)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut milk
4tbs arrow root
5 egg yolks
5 egg whites
2tbs maple syrup
1. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160o Celsius/325o Fahrenheit.
2. Place lemon juice, lemon rind and maple syrup in a medium size pan on low heat.
3. In a small bowl, combine coconut milk and arrow root powder.
4. Add to lemon juice mixture, stirring consistently until simmering.
5. Beat egg yolks together in a small bowl then add to simmering lemon mixture.
6. stir constantly for 3-4 minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
7. Pour into a pie dish.
8. To make the meringue, beat the egg whites and maple syrup in a medium size mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
9. Spoon the meringue on top of the lemon filling then place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
10. Cool before serving.