2 Tbsp tallow (or use coconut oil)
1 lb pork loin chops, sliced very thin
1 small onion, sliced in ½ wedges
1 5oz can Sliced Water Chestnuts
1 5oz can Sliced Bamboo Shoots
4 dried Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
6-8 baby bella mushrooms
3 baby bok choy
1 cup bone broth
1 Tbsp Coconut Vinegar
1 pound Kelp Noodles
1 green onion
1. Soak dried mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes (or follow the package directions).
2. Rinse and then slice into thin strips.
3. Slice onion into 1/2 wedges.
4. Quarter baby bella mushrooms.
5. Separate leaves of baby bok choy.
6. Drain and rinse water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.
7. Remove kelp noodles from package and rinse with cold water (or follow package directions).
8. Heat a Wokover medium-high heat.
9. Add tallow to hot wok.
10. Add pork and cook, stirring frequently, until completely browned.
11. Add onion, mushrooms, and bok choy to the wok with bone broth and coconut water vinegar.
12. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes until pork is cooked through and vegetables are cooked but al dente.
13. The broth should be boiling. If not, turn up to high heat.
14. Push the pork and veggies to the side of the wok to create a little hole in the middle.
15. Place the kelp noodles in the hole.
16. Let them simmer in the remaining broth for 2-3 minutes.
17. Then start stirring to break up the kelp noodles and distribute throughout the chow mein (another 1-2 minutes).
18. Garnish with chopped green onion and enjoy