3 or 4 6-8oz salmon fillets
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup fresh orange juice (approximately half of an orange)
2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses plus 1-2 Tbsp more for the glaze
1 Tbsp coconut oil for greasing the pan
1. Combine ginger, garlic, orange juice and 2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses.
2. Pour over salmon and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
3. Preaheat oven to 425F.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
5. Lightly grease with coconut oil or other cooking fat (you can skip this step if your salmon has skin).
6. Remove salmon from marinade and place (skin-side-down if your salmon has skin) on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Discard remaining marinade.
8. Drizzle a little more pomegranate molasses on the top of each piece of salmon.
9. Spread with a knife, the back of a spoon, your finger or a pastry brush.
10. Careful not to put so much on that its pouring over the side because any that does will likely burn during cooking.
11. Each salmon fillet will be nicely coated with something like 1-2 tsp of pomegranate molasses.
12. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until salmon is fully cooked (opaque throughout and segments come apart easily).